My baby loves a bunch of authors*
A couple weeks ago, Jenny got me to join an online community where you keep track of the books you've read and share that information with your friends. I wasn't sure how active I'd be. After all, I already post the book I'm currently reading in my sidebar here. But that's only a fraction of what this site, goodreads, does. And whether or not that sidebar item is interesting to you, it doesn't really do me any good. It doesn't point me towards new books to read. As you know, I'm always looking for book ideas. So, to all of my bibliophilic readers, go join goodreads and make me your friend! I was bored this weekend, so I went through and added all the books that are in my room (or that have been through here recently). I'd love to see what you're reading, what you've read, and, most especially, what you've loved!
*The post title, by the way, is the name of a song by Moxy Fruvous. I'm strongly associating it with this new online service since it seems like a perfect anthem for us bookworm variety of troglodytes. The singer despairs about his girlfriend, who will never do anything with him because she's only interested in reading. Eventually he gives in: "We'll be together for ages; eating and drinking and ... turning pages." I feel that that's what goodreads is maintaining. We readers may all be holed up separately with our books, but at least we're connected online!
*The post title, by the way, is the name of a song by Moxy Fruvous. I'm strongly associating it with this new online service since it seems like a perfect anthem for us bookworm variety of troglodytes. The singer despairs about his girlfriend, who will never do anything with him because she's only interested in reading. Eventually he gives in: "We'll be together for ages; eating and drinking and ... turning pages." I feel that that's what goodreads is maintaining. We readers may all be holed up separately with our books, but at least we're connected online!
Labels: books
1 Comments:
http://cuteoverload.com/ Are you the "meg" who created this? :)
By
daytoday, at September 15, 2007 9:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home