Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I know why it's not easy being green

It's because green is just such a delicious color. Seriously! And I don't mean candies that are "green flavored" because you have no idea what their artificially flavored, intense sweetness (or sourness) is supposed to correspond to. I mean real things that also happen to be green. Take ice creams, for instance. Green ice creams are the best! There's avocado, mint chocolate chip, green tea, kiwi... Need I say more?

I made kiwi ice cream today (with L2--, of course :)). It's goooood! And it's green! Mmmm, green. The best part is the seeds. They make it look so pretty, and they're nice and crunchy.

I used to like using this soap that had kiwi seeds in it. It was from Paradise at Mount Rainier. Paradise had the best soaps. My favorite was an oatmeal soap; it smelled so good. The other was peach scented with kiwi seeds for exfoliation. I think that Paradise and that soap are the source of my love for gritty little exfoliants. The only problem with kiwi seeds in the soaps was that they got really sharp when they dried. If you used the soap every day it was ok, but if you went on vacation for a while and then came back to it, the seeds would be so dry and hard and sharp. Did they ever exfoliate then! Whenever that happened, I always ended up with long scratches all over my body from scrubbing too hard. At least I wasn't dirty... Watch out for the sharp soap!

And speaking of green ice creams, Ben seems really intent on making spinach sorbet. Now that spinach is finally back in stores (I'm so glad, I'm making spanakopita tomorrow!), he just might. I told him to knock himself out making whatever kind of ice cream he wanted, but insisted that my ice cream maker remain "vegetarian". I definitely don't want to have to deal with any lingering ham (or whatever) flavors tainting my green ice creams!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hey, Meg, how do the soaps at Paradise compare to the ones at Frontier in Athens?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 17, 2006 4:49 PM  

  • Well, I can't say as I've ever been to Frontier (or even heard of it, how long has it been in Athens?), but let's just compare the names: Paradise... Frontier... Paradise... Frontier...

    By Blogger Meg, at October 17, 2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home