Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Zomblog

My weblog has returned from the dead! Hooray! It's been kind of a bummer not to have a blog for nearly 2 weeks now. I guess somehow part of my template got deleted (I swear I didn't do it!), which, naturally enough, killed the blog. However, this happened to occur right when blogger was having some server issues and lots of people were complaining about their blogs being broken too. Of course, I assumed that that was causing the problems with mine, since I seriously didn't change the template since the last time it worked. But it's been some time since they claim to have fixed the problem, and yet my blog remained moribund. Since I received no replies from the blogger support team, I eventually decided to take matters into my own hands.

It did look like a template kind of issue, which is a diagnosis you'll probably agree with if you've tried visiting here with Mozilla in the past week and a half. I staunchly maintain that I DID NOT touch, much less break my template. But anyway. All along I wondered if resetting the template would fix the problem, but I was hesitant to try since it would involve losing all of my modifications, which included quite a bit of stored sock information. By this point, however, I decided that was a risk I was willing to take, and I was clever enough to copy my old template over to a text editor so that I wouldn't actually lose it. And lo and behold, resetting the template DID fix my blog. Huzzah! And I discovered that the old template no longer included the bottom half, and most of my quirks and all of those painstaking descriptions of my footwear were lost already. Alas.

But at least I'm back online! Everybody celebrate!

3 Comments:

  • Yay! Esp. as Colleen doesn't update hers except for random, grouchy observations about mean people who force her to make Blog updates...
    -That Boy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 2:10 PM  

  • Yay! Ben and I can have a Mega-blog party, and maybe he'll quit bitching about my blog...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 4:28 PM  

  • Yay! Long live the Mega-blog party! Long live somebody else writing in her blog! Yay procrastination!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home