Coup-fourrés!
I got the carpool lane free-access stickers last week. Unfortunately, Steggie was far too filthy for me to stick them on. As you may recall, my most recent plans to wash her were dashed by the disappearance of both of our nozzles. So my first task this morning was to walk to the hardware store down the street and buy a new nozzle. This was rather more complicated than I'd anticipated. I was standing in line with the nozzle I'd selected (a nice bright yellow one) when I noticed the warning on the back of the packaging: "This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling." So I returned to the garden hose aisle. As it turns out, all the nozzles (or at least the random sample of them I investigated) are carcinogenic. How interesting... I stuck with my original yellow selection. (I'll be sure not to use it while reproducing.)
The second task of the day was to watch a movie. This being completed, I went ahead and washed Steggie and applied her new stickers. She's back to being beautiful! Hooray! The stickers are huge, however. And there are 4 of them, one for each side. They don't even match Steggie's coloration. I guess I would call her a "summer", and these stickers, being bright yellow, should really only be worn by "autumns". =P Ah well. California is the "Golden State".

For some reason, all this is reminding me of Milles Bornes. Having a hybrid is like being dealt several Coupe-fourres cards. Or at least demi ones. Though Steggie doesn't have an "extra tank", the hybrid engine amounts to the same thing in terms of refuelling distance. And these carpool lane access stickers provide some of the benefits of "right of way". If only Steggie had a siren! Now all she needs is "puncture proof" tires and the "driving ace" card. =D
The second task of the day was to watch a movie. This being completed, I went ahead and washed Steggie and applied her new stickers. She's back to being beautiful! Hooray! The stickers are huge, however. And there are 4 of them, one for each side. They don't even match Steggie's coloration. I guess I would call her a "summer", and these stickers, being bright yellow, should really only be worn by "autumns". =P Ah well. California is the "Golden State".
For some reason, all this is reminding me of Milles Bornes. Having a hybrid is like being dealt several Coupe-fourres cards. Or at least demi ones. Though Steggie doesn't have an "extra tank", the hybrid engine amounts to the same thing in terms of refuelling distance. And these carpool lane access stickers provide some of the benefits of "right of way". If only Steggie had a siren! Now all she needs is "puncture proof" tires and the "driving ace" card. =D
1 Comments:
I guess you can't get the puncture proof tires and driving ace because somebody else already has them... :D
By
Anonymous, at September 15, 2005 7:49 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home