Slackin'
I have been so lazy since my orals! Lazy about writing here, at any rate. I've actually been quite a flurry of self-indulgence for the past 2 weeks. Mostly it's been an orgy of fun reading. Here's what I've read:
Locos, by Felipe Alfau. Ok, technically I started this a few days before my quals since I just couldn't make myself study anymore. But I finished reading it the day after I qualified.
Candide, by Voltaire. Yeah, this one's really short.
The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins
Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell
The Unknown Masterpiece and Gambara, by Honore de Balzac
Housekeeping, by Marilynne Robinson. Ok, I'm only halfway done wih this one so far.
And I don't know if it's just because I was starved for novels by all those weeks of study or if I just had a really good queue of books awaiting my leisure, but I've really really enjoyed them all!
In addition to all this reading, I've watched several movies (as many as Netflix has sent to me since then), and done a bit of baking. I made Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies and 2 batches of Blonde Brownies. Yeah, I'm probably super fat by now. And I got to go dancing in SF and get a pearl milk tea in Mountain View! Yay for visiting my old haunts.
It's been really hard to motivate myself to do my work though, naturally enough. Here I am in lab, updating my much neglected weblog =D. Time to get back to looking busy!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home