Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Lost


I had to send something in one of those "convenient" pre-paid FedEx envelopes today. It took me a pathetically long time to figure out how to get it into the drop box! I felt like such a moron, but I swear it was not a user-friendly box. I could easily find and open the top door, but that just provided access to shipping supplies. It very clearly stated that you should use the bottom door to drop off materials. But I swear, the bottom door wasn't marked at all. Upon close inspection, I could see the hinges, but it took some time to figure out where the handle was, much less how to open it. I'm a FedEx loser...

Also in the shipping loser vein...

I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with Amazon. As you recall, I never received a package of fun books that I ordered the week before Christmas, despite UPS claiming that it was delivered to my front door. Around midnight last Monday, I emailed customer service at Amazon reporting the problem. I expected I'd have to do a bit of pleading, not to mention keep the fact that I was out of town hidden. But by Tuesday morning I'd received a response from Amazon declaring that the package must have been "lost" and that they were replacing it free of charge. No questions asked! By Wednesday my books were here! Super fantastic!! I'm reading one of them now, in between a slew of articles about Phragmites australis. Maybe I'll even finish it tonight and get to move on to the next one! Now I hope none of you will abuse this knowledge about how Amazon responds to "lost" packages... I certainly won't. Anyway, what would you do with duplicates of everything? Plus, they'd probably catch on if a disproportionate number of your packages never make it to you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home