Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I should be sleeping


Yar. It's 8:12 am: half an hour before my alarm is usually due to announce the morning. And where am I? Lab. Yuck. And I'm not even here this early because of work. I mean, now that I am here, of course I will work... Nothing else to do here...

Steggie's being serviced today. She needs the standard 37,500 mile maintenance, but also a recall service. It's the recall service that's the killer. It has to do with an insecure battery connection resulting in slight leakage of the battery fluid, which may cause the "service battery" light to illuminate under certain weather conditions: high humidity, basically. A weather condition that we do not experience here in the Central Valley of California, so I haven't been too stressed about getting it fixed up. I figured I might as well wait until she needed her next service, and then double dip. I'm all about minimizing my trips to the Toyota dealer... It's strange. The recall service is supposed to just clean and replace the battery connections, yet somehow this takes a minimum of 6 hours to be completed. Yuck. So for that reason, they've insisted on having my car for 10. Yep. They strongly encouraged me to have it there by 8, and won't relinquish it until 6. I really hope it's ready when I get there after seminar at 5:30ish... So here I am, at lab, at 8:21 in the morning. Have I mentioned that I'm the only person here? Yeah. Super early. Super desolate.

And I'm most likely to be super cranky by the end of the day. As if getting up at 7 to get to the Toyota dealer wasn't bad enough... Ozzie decided to ensure my wakefulness by being as pesky as possible starting at 6. Today is a monster-hating day. But he's just so cute =P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home