Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Friday, November 21, 2003

TGIF


This is going to be the greatest weekend ever!!

Today I'm going back to Stanford for Ragtime Ball. Yay for dancing the night away with good dancers and good friends! I'm so glad Stanford has a kind of black hole effect making alumni reluctant to leave (or in my case, to go very far away). It means a lot of my buddies will still be lurking around when I go back to visit! Colleenie and Ben: what happened? Why did you go away? (It turns out that Ben feels special when he's mentioned by name in my weblog, so the rest of you will just have to bear with it =D).

Even better, John's condoning to come with me! I'm very glad about this. Now he'll be able to meet all of the people I tell stories about. Like Heraldo: the cute Brazilian who's a great hugger and has cute ears. Or Anne, who keeps trying to get me to date girls. And Ben, who cannot be described by words (interpret that as you will ;-) ) since he's also escaping his exile for the weekend. And we mustn't forget Brian, my grad school mentor. John's already been fortunate enough to meet my dulcet Donia, and Campbellina, and Adam Vanderpoo. Mostly I'm excited that he's coming because dancing is an important part of my world. It's become a smaller part since I've come to Davis (at least the social dance aspect. Ballet has made a comeback), but it's still important. So I want him to be exposed to it, to see me dancing. I'd also really like to get him to start dancing too. Dancing together can be very romantic. After he's taken his quals I'll probably really start pestering him about it =). When we first started dating he said he'd take dance classes. Lets see if that was more than just a campaign promise!

Then tomorrow, oh rapture, I get my kitten! The long, long wait will finally be over! There will finally be a feline presence in our house again. Can't get any better than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home