Little Meg goes to the frozen northland

Sunday, November 30, 2003

Kitten quirks


Ozzie is without a doubt the sweetest, cutest thing ever =). (I do so like hyperbole). Here are some weird little habits of his that are utterly adorable! (well, most of them are)

~ He's obsessive about burying his poop in the litter box. It's very easy to tell when his litter needs to be scooped, because all of the sand will be on one side of the box. And I mean all of it. This seems kind of strange to me, since Mitzi was always very lazy about litter boxes. Sure, she'd almost always use one (though sometimes she missed over the edge =P), but I don't know if she ever buried anything. Ozzie, on the other hand, seems to derive pleasure from burying things. Even if he doesn't have to go, he'll go rebury old poop. This isn't so cute, since it mostly happens when he's bored because I haven't woken up yet. He's very noisy with his pawing. Almost like a soft shoe tap dance, I suppose =). Like that scene in Top Hat. Also, he likes to help me scoop his poop. Seeing me "playing" in his litter box reminds him how much fun it is, I guess. He's not very much help... Especially since he seems to enjoy pooping right after I clean the box so that he'll have something to bury again... Silly kitty.

~ He has a thing for eyelashes. When he's being calm and sweet and snuggling with me before going to sleep he'll often come nose my eyelid. Sometimes he'll pat it with his paw, and sometimes he'll even try to bite my lashes. Yikes! So far I still have both eyes. phwew =).

~ He also likes to walk over my head when I'm trying to sleep. I have no idea about this one. I mean, my head accounts for a relatively small proportion of my body length. So why does he choose to walk over it? And he isn't quick about it either. He seems to like taking little breaks right when he's standing on my face... Sometimes this happens after he plays in the litter box. ewwww.

~ Ozzie also seems to have a taste for popcorn. How weird!

~ He's a pretty vocal cat too. He has the cutest little squeaky meow. The funny thing is that his foster parents said that he was very quiet, and they'd only heard him meow a few times. Maybe he was still learning how, because now he talks quite a bit. Usually to try to tell me something, but I have no idea what. He generally tags around the house behind me, but if he can't find me, he'll meow until he does. Usually I have to call him to let him know where I am. He also meows a lot in the kitchen. I guess I give him less attention when I'm busy cooking than I do usually. It definitely seems to be attention he wants. I gave him part of an apple peel when I was making my pie the other day, and he certainly didn't want that =).

~ Ozzie likes to pretend to be a parrot and sit on my shoulder. Or sit on the back of the couch right behind me and rest his head on my shoulder =).

I just finished a roll of pictures today, so I'll drop it off tomorrow morning and hopefully get the pictures back on Tuesday!!! So hopefully I'll get a bunch of pictures online by the end of the week! I had John help me take some action shots of him playing today. Can't guarantee if any of them are good, since John has the photographer mentality of take tons and hope for one good one. I have the opposite problem. I wait for the good one, and then by the time I get focused or the camera actually takes the picture, he's moved. Ah well. Pictures of sleeping kitties that stay posed are also cute =D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home