Oh, to laugh, to sing, to shout
The viral hordes continue to ravage through me. Swell. They seem to have loosened their hold on my sinuses, at least temporarily, in favor of an ambush on my throat. Which, you know, is good. Last night was the first night in several days where I was actually able to sleep uninterruptedly. It was so beautiful... I was really getting tired of waking up every hour (if not more frequently) to blow my nose.
But as a result of this current assault, I have absolutely no voice. Which isn't too bad. I mean, who's there for me to talk to? My roommate's gone to Tahoe for the 3 day weekend, so I'm here alone with Kermit, Fluffy, Napoleon, Steggie, Floyd, Fiona (my new plant), and my viral (not virile) lovers. And talking to all of them is tantamount to talking to myself. With the possible exception of Steggie, Napoleon is the only animate object of that list, and he's a fish... But talking to yourself (or to your insensate posse) isn't necessarily a bad thing. They say you should just watch out for answering yourself =). I often find that talking aloud helps me think. It's kind of like proofreading a paper. It really helps to read it aloud, mutter along with it, just to make sure it's well written. Sometimes sentences that sound fine in your head are absolute atrocities when spoken. It's like that for me if I'm trying to figure something out. An idea might sound good and make perfect sense in my head, when in fact it's utter rot. Saying it aloud always helps to evaluate that.
I wouldn't say that I talk to myself exorbitantly, however. But now that I can't talk at all, I find myself wanting to tell myself all sorts of things!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home