Happiness
It's been a good week. Good good good good. Even considering that I had to write a paper! First, we got a hand-me-down cat! His name is Felix. He's a beauty. He's marmalade-y and has these gorgeous light green eyes. He's also super affectionate, a real purrer. I'm a little concerned by his obvious lust for Napoleon, but so far so good. He used to belong to a friend of my roommate's. But he was troublesome there because he gave the baby love-nips. Now he just goes after us. It's kind of cute. I think it's his way of saying that he wants his chin scratched. He carefully envelopes a finger in his mouth, making sure not to chomp down or anything. Once he got confused, and did this to my nose. Yesterday he was kind of a nuisance because he brutally ripped the eyeball off of one of my sheepie slippers, but I got fabric glue, and disaster was averted. I love cats! I'm so happy that there's a steady cat in my life again =).
My weekend was fantastic too. And I even got some work done! =) Friday night my friend John came over to watch Singin' in the Rain. This is my favorite movie, so I feel a constant need to expose people to it. Chester, Cassie's dog, decided not to like John, however. It was hilarious. He spent the entire evening staring at John. And whenever John looked back at him, he'd growl. Poor John. Oh well. We're still brainstorming as to what Chester's motives were. My personal theory is that John smells. This was supported when Chester decided maybe he would give John a chance, and came over to sniff him out, starting with the feet. Perhaps that was a bad choice =), but Chester clearly decided that the aroma of John's feet was not one to be trusted or liked. Alas. But hey, you've got to make first impressions on some basis, be that be appearance, personality, or foot odor. Lets just hope that this first impression can be overcome =).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home