A day of discovery
The middle day of a three day weekend for which I have no exciting plans. Such a high potential for boredom. But oh no! Today was a fantabulous day of discovery, of treasure! (cough cough). And what were all these discoveries? Read on, dear reader, read on!
I discovered the answers to those last few study questions that I've been putting off. My group is meeting to discuss them tomorrow =P. At least, we supposedly are meeting. We haven't negotiated a time or place yet...
I discovered a movie I want to see at Blockbuster. Oh baby, another night of snuggling with Kermit!
I discovered three cds to get at the used cd store in Davis, for a grand total of $10! Yay for used cds. I won't divulge what I got though, it's just too shameful. Well, not really. Two of the three are perfectly respectable. It's just that third one. Highly embarrassing. But it was only $1! That justifies anything, right?
I discovered a new restaurant. Ok, that's not quite true. I always new about it, I've driven past it a couple times, I've just never eaten there before. This is actually a big thing for me! I've only eaten in about 3 or 4 restaurants in Davis. I pretty much just go to the same one every week. But today I was adventurous, I tried something new. It's the pho restaurant here. Tasted just like every other pho place I've been to! So I guess I wasn't all that adventurous...
And last, but not least, I discovered that moldy old grad student though I may be, I've still got it. Oh yeah. I didn't know anybody actually went cruising for chicks, much less in Davis, but apparently at least one guy does... I was just walking through downtown, minding my own business with my steamed milk (gotta humor the new addiction). I had two streats to cross. And while I thought it was a little odd that this car was lingering on the far side of the intersection, I didn't really give it a second thought. I figured it was just waiting for me to get out of the way so it could turn. But it was still there after I'd finished crossing the streets, and had walked a full 50 feet from the intersection. I only know this because at this point the guy rolled down his window and shouted something indistinct to me. I turned around. "Where you going? Where you going?" he called again. I turned back around and kept going wherever it was =). He was definitely not anybody that knows me. Weird. Very very weird. As far as I know, my loose pants and oversized sweatshirt weren't any more whorish today than they've ever been in the past...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home