Wish me luck!
So I decided to design a logo for Stanford's Viennese Ball this year. It's all Brian's fault. For whatever reason, I told him that I generally hated all of the past logos I've seen. So he told me to design one. Yeah right, I snorted. There are two reasons I can't design a logo. 1) I had been planning on doing reading, and 2) I can't draw.
Well, in the face of actually doing that reading, I decided to design a logo =). I managed to avoid the drawing as best I could too. I based it on a picture of Jed and I from Opening Committee last year. I think it turned out alright. At least, I don't find it to be any more offensive than any of the previous logos, which is good, since it was created in response to them. It has the same basic problems though, which is largely funkily proportioned limbs and odd seeming positions. Oh well. It's all because of the lack of perspective forcibly imposed by the monocolor specification.
Really, the logo's alright. It just doesn't do justice at all to the picture it's drawn from. It's just not possible when allowed only black and white (no grey even). What makes the picture great (I think) are our expressions. Which don't exist at all in the logo-version. We're just faceless blobs =(.
The only reason I want to win is because I think it will just be super cool to be able to say "That's Jed and I!" We'll see, we'll see. It'll also be cool to win because then we'd get free tickets to the ball and a free dinner for two =).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home