Teenie-bopper
You've gotta love Ted Turner. He allows poor, vcr-less souls like myself to watch good movies, albeit much interrupted by commercials. Today was apparently teenie-bopper movie night. You have to admit there's a long tradition of teenie-bopper movies. And really, some of them can be quite good (by good I mean entertaining). I mean c'mon, who didn't love Bring it On? Some of these movies are even based on highly esteemed works of literature. Take tonight's films. Clueless is very directly drawn from Jane Austen's Emma and Ten Things I Hate About You hails all the way back to Shakespeare and The Taming of the Shrew.
So I guess I've already given you a preview (postview?) of what was showing. Three movies aired. Clueless, Ten Things I Hate About You, and Never Been Kissed. These are all, of course, classics in their own special way. How many of us can think about these movies without smiling? (First of all, how many of us can admit to not having seen at least one of these?)
And you know, I'm sure that some among you have special memories associated with perhaps one of these movies. And if not, probably with some other teenie-bopper movie. I'm not embarrassed to admit that Ten Things I Hate About You is very intricately tied with fond memories of mine. This was the first movie that Jed and I ever saw together, very nearly one year ago. But I won't bore you with the details (unless I get an overwhelming response requesting the scoop)... I'm sure you've all heard the story before anyway (I've been known to tell the same story multiple times... (I can't help it! I lead a boring life...)). Aaaah, memories.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home